24 October 2013

What is a Miracle?

"It is important to notice the different names by which miracles are described. They are called signs, as being visible tokens of an invisible power; they are powers or mighty works, because they are the acts of One who is almighty; they are simply works, or the natural results of the Messiah's presence among men; they are wonders, marvels, because of the effect produced on those who saw them."
http://www.lds.org/scriptures/bd/miracles

I love this definition from the Bible Dictionary. So many times we think that witnessing a miracle means to witness a huge extraordinary occurence or event that cannot be explained by science. But just as this says, they can be "signs, as being visible tokens of an invisble power." Every day we witness these miracles! We sometimes think we accomplish much because of our own skill....but I, too, will not boast in my own strength because I cannot. I cannot because I know that everything I do, everything that occurs that is good is a witness of His hand, His works, His miracles.

 I hope that all those who read this will be able to see these miracles, or witnesses of God, the eternal father, and of our Savior Jesus Christ. He performed the mightiest miracle of them all by breaking the bonds of death. Every day we are blessed through this miracle alone. But that being said, we must pray for our eyes to opened, we must pray to be worthy, and we must pray to know what we need to do to be a witness of His many mighty miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment